.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

"There is a secret set within each of our hearts...It is simply the desire for life as it was meant to be... Seasons may pass until it surfaces again. And though it seems to taunt us, and may at times cause us great pain, we know when it returns that it is priceless. For if we could recover this desire, unearth it from beneath all other distractions, and embrace it as our deepest treasure, we would discover the secret of our existance." -John Eldredge, The Journey of Desire

Friday, February 17, 2006

Mr. Boyfriend Exits...Again?

I recently started watching Sex and the City by the season. I think it's funny that there is a Mr. Big and a Mr. Boyfriend in the world. Men without names. I caught myself calling Mr. Boyfriend exactly that a couple of times - to his face and to other people.

Wouldn't much make a difference, I suppose. I like keeping it to myself - and sharing it with you, but it going no further.

I've been utterly miserable. I went and saw my pastor/friend/counselor. Mr. Boyfriend had suggested that I needed counseling to deal with the Ex's abuse. I checked. Basically, I would use a counselor as a support system and chat with them about daily life. I don't need it. I just need to heal. I need time to trust. I was delighted to have this confirmed. I'm ok. It's just that I was used and abused and rejected. Those are my friends words. It'll take a while, and ten years from now I may still flip occasionally because of something very small.

I haven't talked with him, but Mr. Boyfriend told me earlier this week that he can not handle this. Valentine's Day was the final straw, I think. I am very sad.

We've been down this break up road a number of times so I probably shouldn't feel like I do. People scoff at me. But in actuality, this feels different. He feels gone.

I am struggling with my insecurities. Does he feel about me the way I feel about him? I don't think so. We've been friends for so many years...I actually think I was SAFE. There is that dreaded word, which should be a positive, but is a negative here. I was safe because he knew he couldn't fall in love and completely lose his head with me. I think. I don't know, you see, because that is the nature of insecurities...you don't know whether they are real or not.

It's depressing. I am lonely. I've had lunch with two friends this week, coffee with my pastor/friend/counselor, been extremely busy with work, attended two hockey games (which are great fun), had several long conversations with girlfriends ...and I still miss Mr. Boyfriend. I miss snickering at his jokes. Laughing at his messages. Smiling when he's sweet. Pulling my hair out when he says dumb things about other men. I just miss him, period.

I'm mooning over some damn man and can't even get up the gumption to be disgusted with myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

here is an joke for you I hope it helps...

HER DIARY


Tonight I thought he was acting weird.


We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that Iwas a bit late, but he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed but he kept quiet and absent. I asked him what was wrong; he said nothing. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing nothing to do with me and not to worry.

On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say I love you too. When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched T.V. He seemed distant and absent.Finally, I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later he came to bed, and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do.

I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.


2. HIS DIARY

I shot the worst round of golf in my life today, but at least I got laid.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home