.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

"There is a secret set within each of our hearts...It is simply the desire for life as it was meant to be... Seasons may pass until it surfaces again. And though it seems to taunt us, and may at times cause us great pain, we know when it returns that it is priceless. For if we could recover this desire, unearth it from beneath all other distractions, and embrace it as our deepest treasure, we would discover the secret of our existance." -John Eldredge, The Journey of Desire

Monday, November 21, 2005

Unfixed

He calls on various lines and leaves no message
Again, given a clear indication
     I choose to interpret his actions, words
     As something other than a rejection
     Self-protection, denial – I catch myself in the act
     Force myself to write the words to end the dance
No contact. 60 days. First rule of thumb for a breakup.

Standing at the kitchen sink (yes, it remains unfixed)
I cry. A little.
What a year I have had.
My heart broken on a variety of levels
     A variety of times.

There are days we get up and wish we could go to bed again,
     Straight away.
     This is what he has done for me.
     


     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home