.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

"There is a secret set within each of our hearts...It is simply the desire for life as it was meant to be... Seasons may pass until it surfaces again. And though it seems to taunt us, and may at times cause us great pain, we know when it returns that it is priceless. For if we could recover this desire, unearth it from beneath all other distractions, and embrace it as our deepest treasure, we would discover the secret of our existance." -John Eldredge, The Journey of Desire

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

He's Just Not That Into You

Dear Reader,

I took your suggestion literally (as opposed to you being MEAN) and went to the bookstore today. I sat down in the cafe and proceeded to peruse your suggested book list.

To my disapointment, they were helpful.

I have reverted to the advice my mother gave me in third grade when I had the hots for Joey Cosentino and some little twit named Wendy liked him, too. "You don't chase boys. You let the boys chase you." This is basically "He's Just Not That Into You" in a nutshell, is it not? My Grandmother gave my mother this advice, and no doubt her mother before her. It's timeless. We have complicated things by liberating women and demasculinating men. I only mean this to a degree and don't intend to get into a lengthy discussion about women burning bras or men wandering into the forest to bang on drums by firelight.

So, thank you. It was, indeed, good advice. A smart alecky read, full of funny, but true stuff. I think. Stuff we can tell our girlfriends, but miss when it's our own brains justifying the obvious. I'll keep it in mind as I move forward.

Completelybrunette