.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

"There is a secret set within each of our hearts...It is simply the desire for life as it was meant to be... Seasons may pass until it surfaces again. And though it seems to taunt us, and may at times cause us great pain, we know when it returns that it is priceless. For if we could recover this desire, unearth it from beneath all other distractions, and embrace it as our deepest treasure, we would discover the secret of our existance." -John Eldredge, The Journey of Desire

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, FLOOR!

This was my day: a computer one might be tempted to throw out a window. Ex-husband (does more need to be said?). An attorney who no longer says hello when he calls me, but instead says "Hey lady!". Boyfriend turned friend attempted to pick a fight. A visit to the city's Parks and Rec department which implies that this year I will be a Hockey Mom. An impromptu trip to the movie theatre to see the new "Zoro" so that on the way home my youngest and oldest could fight, make me furious to the point where EVERYONE was told to shut thier mouths and not say one more word OR ELSE, and we could all ride home in silence. My ten year old put himself to bed, all the while pouting and trying to make me feel guilty. Which I didn't.

Reflections on my day: computers are easy - they can be fixed or replaced. Ex-husbands are better avoided. I've had too long a relationship with my attorney. Hockey is an expensive sport and the ice rink is cold, but if it will build my son's confidence, I'll tough it out. Mr. Boyfriend: We all have needs. I would like to be Zoro's wife. My children: As mad as I get, I enjoy and love you to bits - I will miss you when you are grown. Pouting is not attractive in men or boys, but it sure is funny when either does it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couple books to read:
(1) He's Just Not That Into You
(2) It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken.

12:11 AM  
Blogger New Day said...

Too funny. I went to bed and Mr. Boyfiend flitted across my mind. I thought to myself...you need to just cut this thing off or you are going to need that book "He's just not that into you".

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say much your relationship with Mr. Boyfriend. You know it more than any one else. But, I think,
- you need to love yourself more
- believe and honor your uniqueness and value

I feel your writing is very well, because it is so honest to expose your emotions. As a woman, I feel sometimes we need to get out of the box to see things better.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home