.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

"There is a secret set within each of our hearts...It is simply the desire for life as it was meant to be... Seasons may pass until it surfaces again. And though it seems to taunt us, and may at times cause us great pain, we know when it returns that it is priceless. For if we could recover this desire, unearth it from beneath all other distractions, and embrace it as our deepest treasure, we would discover the secret of our existance." -John Eldredge, The Journey of Desire

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Betrayal and a Clean Garage

I have to get something off my chest.

My former sister and brother-in-law are spending the weekend with my ex and his girlfriend. I am really, really having a tough time with this. It stings. No matter what I do, that hurt won't go away. It feels like another betrayal. I know it is not. It is simply life moving on.

But she wanted everything I had. She wanted a relationship with my kids. She wanted my spouse. She wanted his family. She got it all.

I don't much care about the spouse part anymore. But the rest of it made me feel lonely. I used to have a much larger family. Half of it is gone. It hurts that people can turn their back on you that quickly and to someone who deliberately set out to destroy a part of thier own family. But I am not that anymore. Not family. After nearly two decades they can replace me in a heart beat.

Mr. Boyfriend came over tonight and helped me clean out my garage. I think I am even more confused then I was before. I do not get the impression that he wants me emotionally, but more that he's looking for me to scratch the proverbial sexual itch. And be friends. I have managed to attain some semblence of distance from him emotionally and if I were to get involved with him physically, that distance would go away. Unless my feelings were returned, I don't think that's a good idea. I also don't think that's a good idea as long as he thinks my integrity is less than it is. When one considers what I have been through, it's doubly insulting. Besides, what we want, at heart, is for the person we are with to know us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home