.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

"There is a secret set within each of our hearts...It is simply the desire for life as it was meant to be... Seasons may pass until it surfaces again. And though it seems to taunt us, and may at times cause us great pain, we know when it returns that it is priceless. For if we could recover this desire, unearth it from beneath all other distractions, and embrace it as our deepest treasure, we would discover the secret of our existance." -John Eldredge, The Journey of Desire

Friday, October 28, 2005

Only an Idiot Wouldn't Head to Mexico

Mr. Boyfriend has me off kilter. This afternoon he called and said he was going to help a "lady" clean out her garage tonight.

It took me a second to catch on, but then I realized it was me he was talking about.

I'm sort of snarling and grateful at the same time. All he wants in return is a Gin and Tonic and chips and salsa (is this true?). It's my favorite drink. I have lots of wood for a fire in the fire pit if I wanted to go that route. It almost sounds cozy. Do I want cozy? I thought I was moving away from that. I AM moving away from that.

I only got five hours of sleep last night and my house is still a mess because I ended up being gone all day. That's not true, I'm here now. I'm sitting on my butt listening to a Genesis CD I haven't listened to in a year. Drinking a cup of tea. Writing in my blog about all I have to do. I'm seeing a pattern here.

My brother is still in the land of the missing. I know I need to call and check on my sister-in-law. I'm avoiding the whole thing because I - well - here we go again - it's so inappropriate....but I think it's funny. I know it's not. This is very serious stuff.

But, really. My brother cleaned $42,000 out of the bank, with $17,000 in cash and the rest as a check. Everybody thinks he's still in the MidWest? He'd better not be with that kind of money.

I left him a message on his cell phone. I told him that I knew what he'd done and that if he was in Mexico or Tahiti and he hadn't sent me a ticket yet I was going to be really pissed off. I need a vacation and I just gave up my cat. And I'm broke. He'd damn well better send for me if he's someplace warm drinking pretty drinks. Or even beer with lime in it.

I'm making light of the situation on purpose. I just can't handle the drama. I need to be there and be supportive...but RIGHT NOW I just can't.

Instead, I went and bought gin and chips. And I'm off to pick up my house and try and be somewhat presentable. Life goes on.

Why is Mr. Boyfriend doing this? A friend of mine suggested that he really does want more than friendship. I don't get it. I'm lost. Is this NORMAL? WHAT THE HELL IS NORMAL??

You know what, though? This time, if he wants me he's going to have to grab me and kiss me like he means it. There can be no waffling. No whining. I've just had it. (I did say I was feeling snarly.) My patience is absolutely shot. Or maybe he really does want to be friends.

Cross your fingers that I don't turn into BLUNT and brunette at the same time. I know myself. I'm irritated with the vagueness of this thing. I have to put a sock in it. I want to know what the heck is going on with him. He paddled away from me as hard as he could and now he's offering to help fix stuff and clean up my garage on a Friday night? WHY? What does he want from me? Friendship? More? Is he still sticking his damn toes in the water? Well, shove the whole blasted leg in and get wet. I'm sick of this garbage. Or just be my friend - that's ok with me, too. He and I have been friends for nearly a decade, I think I can handle that.

BUT, PICK!!!!!!!!

So, seriously, cross your fingers for me. I may take my foot and shove it all the way down my throat rather quickly.

I needed to get to the chapel today and correct my pong. It's way out of wack. No time. I haven't put my running shoes on in a few days either. And I've gained a few pounds. And I have my "friend". (Can you say "I'm bleeding profusely" on the internet in reference to your monthly cycle? Well, that's what I'm doing.)

Alright, alright. OK, Mother!! I hear you!! I'm going!! I'll clean it up!!!!

And off I go to right the wrongs about the house.

P.S. I apologize for my language. I really am feeling snarly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home