.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

"There is a secret set within each of our hearts...It is simply the desire for life as it was meant to be... Seasons may pass until it surfaces again. And though it seems to taunt us, and may at times cause us great pain, we know when it returns that it is priceless. For if we could recover this desire, unearth it from beneath all other distractions, and embrace it as our deepest treasure, we would discover the secret of our existance." -John Eldredge, The Journey of Desire

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Addiction

Today it begins.  

The weather has been cold and rainy until now. It has been alternately sunny and cloudy today, but the end is in sight. It’s not cold anymore and it is the middle of May in Wisconsin. This morning I gave myself permission to buy some new shrubs for the front landscaping and my first flat or two of flowers. I am beginning with the front of the house – the landscaping and the pots and bed near the front door. Then I will move to the beds in back. After that the window boxes (including the new ones I bought last year and never installed – Mr. Boyfriend has committed to putting them up for me). Then, the variety of pots I have scattered all over the place – the driveway, the patio, the porch, the stairs…

I wait impatiently all year long for this. Last year, money was so tight I could barely do the things I wanted to do – although I did get some bulbs in, some of which did not get eaten by the mole in my yard and are thriving.

I can barely contain myself. I’m pathetic. A gardening addict. I just want to go outside and play in the dirt. Work? I have to work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home